Monday, October 31, 2011
Pragyapradh: The Mistake of the Intellect
People with 15 or more episodes of stopped breathing per hour of sleep are seven times more likely to have the accidents.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
People who snore and have >5 episodes of stopped breathing per hour of sleep are four times more likely to have automobile accidents.
2. It is a ritual bathing festival that follows a period of abstinence and ritual segregation of the worshiper (parvaitin) from the main household for four days. The parvaitin observes ritual purity, and sleeps on the floor on a single blanket.
Science behind Chhath pooja
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Everyday noise exposure over time has an impact upon our ability to hear and on the degree of hearing loss that develops. Constant exposure to loud noise can cause high frequency sensory neural hearing loss.Noise pollution causes direct mechanical damage to cochlear inner ear structure.
1. Gambling is mentioned on Diwali celebrations in the story of Mahabharata. It teaches us about taking calculated risk in life2. In Mahabharata it teaches that excess of everything is bad. If Yudhishtira had not risked Draupadi on that day while plying dice Mahabharata could not have been there. The same divine dice game became a vice for that moment.
1. Diwali is time to renew your fire insurance as on this day there are maximum episodes of fire in the community. It’s also the time to check that the fire extinguishers at home are totally filled and are ready for use.2. It is also the time to keep the phone number of your GP on Diwali day.
Diwali is celebrated on the day of Amavasya but the festival is symbolized by inner happiness, lighting or Purnima.Moon in mythology is symbolized by cool positive thoughts. Normally on the day of Amavasya one encounters negatives thoughts and on the day of Purnima positive thoughts.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Diwali a festival of lights can be hazardous to people.Candles: With Diwali approaching, one should be careful of candle pollution. Candles made from beeswax or soy, although more expensive, apparently are safer because they do not release potentially harmful pollutants.
While mythological studies knit stories of the Almighty’s existence, the fact remains that human being is bestowed with the untainted potential of recognizing heavenly facets in his own self.Ganesha, the son of Shiva and Parvati is likewise the name given to the harmonious Aacharan or characteristic disposition of man. Remembered and ritually worshiped before starting a new venture, the entity of Ganesha has in store the facets of a complete man.
Monday, October 24, 2011
- A re-examination of The Women’s Health Initiative Calcium/Vitamin D Supplementation (WHI CaD) has shown a modest increase in risk of heart attack and paralysis for those taking calcium supplements, with or without vitamin D. The study originally found no risk associated with the supplements after studying more than 36,000 patients over seven years.
- The study analyzed data from 16,718 women who were not taking calcium supplements at the start of the trial and found that those allocated to combined calcium and vitamin D supplements were at an increased risk of heart attack. By contrast, who were taking calcium supplements before entering the trial, combined calcium and vitamin D supplements did not alter their cardiovascular risk.
Dhanteras is also observed in worshipping Lord Yama: the god of death. On this day the “Owl” form of Goddess Laxmi is worshiped. When the Gods and demons churned the ocean for Amrita or nectar, Dhanvantari also emerged carrying a jar of the elixir (wealth of wisdom) on this day.You can win over death: the science behind Dhanteras
Many of us know the story of ‘Sagar Manthan’ or the churning of the ocean. The story goes like this.Once Indra lost his kingdom due to the disrespect he showed to sage Durvasa. He approached Lord Vishnu who advised him to seek the help of the demons to churn the ocean of milk (Ksheer Sagar), so that he and Devas could partake the Amrita (ambrosia) which would make them immortal and help them regain their lost kingdom.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Sidhyasidhyoh samo bhutva samatvang yoga uchyate”
……..2/48 Bhagwad Gita
Saturday, October 22, 2011
When you see real as unreal or unreal as real medically it is called as illusion. In illusion once you are told about the reality you correct yourself. On the other hand in delusion though one is also away from the reality but stays in that without correcting oneself.For example a person by mistake thinks a snake as a rope. A psychotic will persist that it is a rope and not snake but the person in illusion will immediate correct himself once he goes near by and actually sees a snake.
1. Caffeine is consumed in coffee, tea, soft drinks, and small amounts in chocolate.
2. It is the most widely used pharmacologically active substance in the world.3. Caffeine can acutely raise blood pressure by 10 mmHg in patients who are infrequently exposed.
Friday, October 21, 2011
1. Women between the ages of 50 and 70 should be screened with mammography.
2. Information about the risk of breast cancer and the benefits and harms of screening should be reviewed.
There are three main Vedanta schools of thoughts: Dualistic or Dvaita, Qualified Monism or vishistha Advaita, and Advaita Vedanta or Absolute monism.All these perceptions are true. All expound the relationship between the individual Jiva (soul), this world or nature (Jagat), and the Ruler of the universe or God (Spirit or Brahman).
Thursday, October 20, 2011
A number of lifestyle changes may reduce breast cancer risk:
1. Minimize the use of postmenopausal hormones. For osteoporosis one should give non-estrogen alternatives like bisphosphonate rather than hormones.2. Having a first child at an earlier age may decrease risk.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Padma Shri Awardee Dr KK Aggarwal on Faculty of all pathy consensus statement at MTNL PERFECT HEALTH MELA held on 16th October ..._1-2.mp3
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
1. For every 20 mmHg fall of systolic (upper) and 10 fall of diastolic (lower) blood pressure one needs one intervention, either life style life style intervention or one drug.2. Lifestyle management alone practiced for six months can reduce blood pressure by up to 20/10 mmHg.
1. The fast is observed four days after Sharad Purnima and eight days after Dusshera.
2. It is a popular fast in Hinduism. It is performed by the married women for the well being of their husband.
3. The fast builds relationship between the husband and wife and is often promoted on the theme
Friday, October 14, 2011
Padma Shri Awardee Dr KK Aggarwal on NIH-FUNDED STUDY SHOWS INCREASED PROSTATE CANCER RISK FROM VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENTS_1-2.mp3
Thursday, October 13, 2011
1. Try lifestyle management for up to 6 months. It can alone control blood pressure if initial blood pressure is < 160/100 mmHg.
2. Lifestyle interventions have effects similar to single drug therapy.3. Combinations of two (or more) lifestyle modifications can achieve even better results.
Luv-Kush, Shubha-Labha, Siddhi-Riddhi are inseparable pairs of Vedanta. They signify that one cannot get one without the help of the other.In Luv-Kush, Kush is a symbol of purity and Luv symbolize the spiritual love. To achieve love one has to be pure in consciousness.Inseparable Pairs of Vedanta
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
“Ek Onkar Satnam Karta Purakh Nirbhau Nirvair, Akalmurat Ajuni Saibhang Gur Parsad aadi sach, jugadi sach, nanak hosi bhi sach”(Translated into English, this means: The One Supreme Being; Eternal Holy Reality; The Creator; Without Fear; Without Rancour; Timeless Form; Unborn; Self-Existent; Realized through Divine Grace).
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Stay Tuned with Padma Shri Awardee Dr KK Aggarwal on Statins lower mortality in patients with atrial fibrillatin. 9th OCtober _1-2.mp3
Friday, October 7, 2011
Thursday, October 6, 2011
MRI can be used safely in patients with implanted devices.
In a study published in the October issue of Annals of Internal Medicine by Dr Saman Nazarian, of Johns Hopkins. (MedPage) only 0.3% patients MRI triggered back-up programming mode in implanted devices. Right ventricular sensing and atrial and ventricular lead impedance values declined immediately after MRI. Long-term follow-up revealed decreased right ventricular sensing and lead impedance, increased right ventricular capture, and reduced battery voltage. None of the changes required revision or replacement of an implanted device.
1. Siddhidatri is worshipped on the Ninth Day of Navratri.2. She gives all the eight siddhis – Anima, Mahima, Garima, Laghima, Prapti, Prakamya, Iishitva and Vashitva.