Inaugurating Medico Masti, an inter youth festival, held in the ongoing Perfect Health Mela being organized by Heart Care Foundation of India at Constitution Club of India from 23rd to 27th October, 2013, noted Kathak dancer and Padma Bhushan Awardee Mrs. Uma Sharma said that to prevent heart disease in late 30s and early 40s, prevention has to start right at the adolescent age. It takes 10-20 years for heart disorders to manifest.
Padma Shri &
National Awardee, Dr. KK Aggarwal,
President Heart Care Foundation of India said that heart attack cannot be given
or accepted as gift as one has to work against the laws of the nature for 20
years to get heart diseases. Eating white rice, white maida and white sugar
along with trans fats are the main culprits for development of heart diseases
in future. Dr. BC
Dr. Aggarwal said that one should not gain weight after the age of 18 in males and 20 in females. A weight gain of 5kg is permissible in males but any weight beyond that is fat accumulation, which ultimately is dangerous to heart.
One should not consume more than 15 ml of oil, butter or ghee in a day.
Over 1000 youth participated in various events, which included fashion show, choreography, rock band competition etc.
Over 500 children participated in various inter school competitions.
Festival for children with special needs organized
Anmol, festival for children with special needs was organized at the Mela. Over 200 children participated in various competitions like singing and diya decoration.
Following messages were released
- If BP &
diabetes are kept under control, 75% dialysis and
transplants can be prevented.
- Thirty percent of heart disease can be prevented by 2.5 hours of walking per week.
- If salt intake is
reduced to less than 2.3 grams a day, there
would be 1.1 crore fewer patients of high BP.
- If you want to commit suicide, then start smoking early and continue. You have 50% chance of success.
- More deaths if patients of heart attack and/or paralysis are admitted on weekends, holidays, early morning, night time or winter.
- Smoking, high blood
pressure and high cholesterol together
reduce lifespan by 10 years for 50-year-old men.
- Balance diet is a mix of all 6 tastes and 7 colors.
- Keep Hb> 12 in females and > 14 in males.
- When going for a fasting blood test, fasting means no food, water allowed for 8 hours.
- For rabies
prevention in a case of dog bite, now only four
injections are required and not five. (0, 3, 7 and 14th day)
- More women die of heart attack than breast cancer.
- For every
additional drink regularly consumed per day, the
incidence of breast cancer increased by 11 per 1000.
- Most heart attacks occur in the early hours of the day.
- If the heart pumping ejection fraction is less than 30%, one needs more investigations.
- All asthmatics do not wheeze and all wheeze is not asthma.
- Most CAD patients do not die of kidney disease but by heart disease.
- Obesity is a bigger risk factor than high blood pressure for the enlargement of left atrium and atrial fibrillation risk.
- Do not give aspirin and other NSAID in dengue fever.
- Chloroquine has anti-viral properties.
- Rectal temperature is more reliable for hypo- and hyperthermia.
- Pulse will rise by 1 for every one degree rise of temperature.
- Sense danger if there is high fever with no sweating.
- Sense danger if a patient has hypothermia and no sweating.
- If ESR more than 100, look for TB, pus collection, cancer or thyroiditis.
- Fever responding to indomethacin, look for Hodgkin’s disease.
- Nasal discharge and cough rules out rheumatic sore throat.
- No fever, no flu.
- No cough, no flu.
- Fever with rash with lymph nodes behind ear unless proved otherwise is rubella
- Fever less than 100.4 means no infection.
About HCFI : The only National Not for profit NGO, on whose mega community health education events, Govt. of India has released two National Commemorative stamps and one cancellation stamp, and who has conducted one to one training on” Hands only CPR” of 67390 people since 1st November 2012.
The CPR 10 Mantra is – “Within 10 minutes of death, earlier the better; at least for the next 10 minutes, longer the better; compress the centre of the chest of the dead person continuously and effectively with a speed of 10x10 i.e. 100 per minute.”
Compare and Buy best cheapest products, features, reviews and offers online in india at shopcity . we provides product listing & advertising facility for our sellers and buyers. our customers can also advertise on shopcity indiaReplyDelete