The Perfect Health Mela opens today at the Talkatora Stadium. This year marks the 25th year of the annual flagship event of the Heart Care Foundation of India (HCFI). The theme for the Mela this year is ‘Digital Health’.
The first Perfect Health Mela was organised in 1993 and the Government of India had released a commemorative postal stamp on the occasion.
The Mela will be inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal at 1pm. Shri Satyendra Jain, Health Minister, Delhi Government will preside over the function.
The Mela is being organized by HCFI jointly with IMA, MTNL, NDMC, Dept. of Health Delhi Government, DST and other government departments. Continuing with the traditions of the previous years, this year too, the mela will be a mix of entertainment, health exhibitions, all systems of medicine health check-ups, health competitions and guest performances. The entry to the Mela is free.
The main attraction on the first day of the Mela is ‘Anmol’, wherein differently-abled children from will participate in various activities like yoga, singing, painting etc.
The Mela will also have special performances by Dr Sandhya Purecha, Bharatanatyam exponent, Padma Bhushan Awardees Raja Radha Reddy (Kuchipudi); Ms Bharti Shivaji (Mohiniattam), Ranjana Gauhar (Odissi), Guru Jitendra Maharaj (Kathak) and Nalini Kamalini (Kathak).
Year-long activities will be organized on the following themes:
- Generate oxygen at home by planting indoor plants.
- Every Sunday, look for mosquito breeding inside and outside your house and/or office
- Reduce the intake of salt in your diet by half.
- Try to walk 500 meters in six minutes.
- Say no to passive smoking.
- Say no to self-antibiotics.
- Avoid noise pollution of > 80 dB.
- Reduce, recycle or reuse solid waste and segregate them at source.
- Notify every case of TB and adverse reactions to drugs, blood and vaccine.
- Pledge for organ donation today.