164 CMAAO CORONA FACTS and MYTH COVID Post COVID Illness
Dr K Aggarwal
With inputs from Dr Monica Vasudev
Chronic COVID or POST COVID illness
Delayed recovery (symptoms of fatigue, cough, and shortness of breath) was evident in nearly a quarter of 18- to 34-year-olds and a third of 35- to 49-year-olds who were not sick enough to require hospitalization.
This is post Covid state
1. On 9th day virus is non infectious
2. Is post Covid persistent inflammation or immunologic reactions
3. Like arthritis in chikungunya
4. Like post herpetic neuralgia
5. Like post viral syndrome, CFS etc
6. Is quite common and presents in India more with low grade fever and obstruction in throat. It can also present with SOB, exertional tachycardia and below knee pains.