COVID 19: Some of the unanswered or partially understood questions
Dr KK Aggarwal
President CMAAO, HCFI and Past National President IMA
1. Why the tripling rate in South Korea is only 72 days? Which is much higher than in China?
2. Is the concept of super spreader scientific? Why is saying we do not agree with this term.
3. Is there a possibility of air born transmission of COVID 19 in some situations?
4. Why some individuals are more infectious than others?
5. Can a coexisting infection or disease make the virus more transmissible or virulent?
6. Can COVID 19 virus lead to chronic state of viremia like hepatitis B or C.
7. Can recovered patients may still be infectious?
8. Will the body end up with partly immune like flu or almost completely immune to others – like chickenpox after infection?
9. Why the mortality is only in 59+ age and with comorbid conditions?
10. Why only 20% of people are developing lower respiratory infections with breathlessness? And which are these patients?
11. Can the virus cross the semen like Zika and Ebola?
12. Can the virus remain in areas of the body that are immunologically privileged sites after acute infection? These are sites where viruses and pathogens, like the Ebola virus, are shielded from the survivor’s immune system, even after being cleared elsewhere in the body. These areas include the testes, interior of the eyes, placenta, and central nervous system, particularly the cerebrospinal fluid. Whether the virus is present in these body parts and for how long varies by survivor.
13. Why COVID 19 is sparing the children
14. Both Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), had rapidly spread across the world from countries of their origin (China and Middle East respectively) but largely remained out of India.
15. Why yellow fever never entered India when we have the mosquito and unvaccinated society. Are we different and more immune to certain viruses?
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقصيمReplyDelete