The best gift to your grandparents is to get them vaccinated if they have not been vaccinated earlier.
- Annual influenza or flu vaccine is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and older.
- Pneumonia vaccine should be given to all adults aged 65 years and older.
- Tetanus Toxoid should be given to all irrespective of age after every 10 years.
- A single dose of herpes zoster vaccine is recommended for adults aged 60 years and older regardless whether they have had a previous episode of herpes zoster. The vaccination begins at 60 years of age.
- Hepatitis B vaccine should be given to all if they have not been vaccinated earlier.
- All diabetics aged 60 years or older should be vaccinated for hepatitis B. This recommendation is based on increased need for associated blood glucose monitoring in long term care facilities.
- All patients with chronic liver diseases should also be given the Hepatitis B vaccine.