Friday, December 21, 2012

Lotus is synonymous with Bhagavad Gita

Lotus is synonymous with Bhagavad Gita


 When Swami Chinmayananda was alive, he used to be a patient of my Boss Late Dr. K.L. Chopra. I used to see him along with Dr Chopra and got the opportunity of doing his colour Doppler Echocardiography every time he needed one. I had habit of not charging from spiritual gurus. Whenever Swami Chinmayananda used to come for echo, I used to ask him to give me a spiritual lesson (seekh).
One day I asked him, “Can you describe Bhagavad Gita in one word?” He said, “Lotus” and walked away.
It took me some time to understand what he meant. In Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2  also Lord Krishna described two qualities for achieving spirituality and that is Lotus and Tortoise. Lotus means detached attachment and Tortoise means learning to withdraw.
In Lotus, when a drop of water is poured on its leaf, it becomes like a Pearl (Moti) and when the water is taken out, not even a trace of water is left on the leaf and that is what detached attachment is. My first lesson in the Moolchand Hospital by Dr. K L Chopra was detached attachment. He said, “be attached to your patient but learn to detach yourself if you lose that person otherwise it is going to harm the next serious patient.”

No comments:

Post a Comment