The dangers of drinking alcohol and driving are well known to all. But, it is also important to recognize that taking drugs and driving too can be as dangerous, Drugged driving or driving under the influence of any drug that acts on the brain can adversely affect your, vision, reaction time and judgment and driving skills. This not only endangers your life but also of your co-passengers as well as others on the road.
Tips for safe driving
- All through the year, especially during the holiday season, take steps to make sure that you and everyone you celebrate with avoids driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Always designate a non-drinking driver before any holiday party or celebration begins.
- Arrange for someone to pick you up
- Do not let a friend drive if you think that they are impaired. Take the car keys.
- Stay overnight at your friend’s place, if possible and drive back home in the morning.