Dr KK Aggarwal
National President IMA
To build up a strong image of the medical profession, the Indian Medical Association (IMA) is starting the following campaigns:
- MDR TB now a public health emergency as it is now a threat to community as well as health care providers. IMA: 2nd freedom struggle to end TB IMA TB Initiative: GTN, where G stands for sputum GeneXpert test for all suspected cases, T stands for trace and treat all contacts and N stands for notify (mandatory) at Nikshay http://nikshay.gov.in.
- Doctors are brand ambassadors for the society and unless they pledge their organs, the society will not follow. All doctors are requested to pledge their organs at: http://notto.nic.in/Admin/Login.aspx
- Charity begins at home. The general public will not follow preventive health advice unless doctors themselves follow the same. All IMA members are requested to get their annual checkup done once a year under the IMA campaign: Physician’s Health first. All doctors should get themselves get fully vaccinated.
- To build the community image of the profession all doctors are requested to visit a school assembly on 5th of every month and conduct a 5-minute (or more) school children health education advisory program under “IMA Aao School Chalen” project.
- All IMA members are required to report adverse reactions to drugs (serious or non-serious), devices, vaccines, herbs, blood transfusion to IMA PvPI number 9717776514 under IMA PvPI Initiative.
- All designated IMA Professors should spread the positive image of medical profession under the IMA campaign “Jiska Koi Nahi Uska IMA”.
- Each state or local branch of IMA should adopt slums/ villages / elderly homes and conduct an activity of 9th of every month under IMA Aao Gaon Chalen project
- Each state or local branch of IMA should on conduct antenatal awareness and check-up program on the 9th of every month in support of the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana.
- All state and local branches are directed to file complaints to IMA headquarters against all doctors indulging in female feticide, unethical medical practices or tarnishing the name of IMA in media or social media.
- All members should resort to digital transactions with the patients
- Past is Past: We do not want to go into controversy whether or not there were cuts and commissions in the medical practice, now onwards medical practice will be 100% ethical and doctors will charge only for consultation, skills and medical services provided.
- All IMA CMEs should have the following slide inserted before every lecture
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this write up are entirely my own.