Every adversity is an opportunity: COVID will end with a healthier society
Dr KK Aggarwal
President CMAAO, HCFI and Past National President IMA
1. We have got an answer to pollution health emergency: Lock down for a week. In and Vihar we are seeing PM 2.5 levels of 24 -50.
2. In Nigam Bodh Ghats: number of deaths 21 on 24th
In a strike in Los Angeles County, California in January 1976, doctors went on strike in protest over soaring medical malpractice insurance premiums. For five weeks, approximately 50% of doctors in the county reduced their practice and withheld care for anything but emergencies. One analysis, quoted by Cunningham and colleagues, found the strike may have actually prevented more deaths than it caused.
3. TB notification will increase. During next three months all cases of cough will go for testing and more TB will be detected. In Initial phase there will be drip as patients may like to self-isolate for two weeks for any cough
4. Long term reduction in typhoid diarrhoea and jaundice illnesses due to hand washing.
5. Long term reduction of flu season in the coming months.