International Travel during Corona Period: CMAAO Guidelines
Dr K K Aggarwal
President CMAAO, HCFI AND Past National President IMA
The present diamond princess ship with corona outbreak has shown us to revisit our travel checklist when visiting any country
Travel advisory are of four types
Level 1 in all countries (Exercise normal standard hygiene precautions)
Level 2 in all affected countries (Exercise a high degree of caution)
Level 3 in all countries with secondary cases (Reconsider your need to travel)
Level 4 in affected parts of China and Korea (Do not travel)
1. Keep the possibility of being quarantined for 14 days in any country.
2. Carry atleast 20 days extra essential medicines stock.
3. Always keep the passport, kept in a plastic pouch, in a safew front pocket, with you in case you need to leave the country in emergency.
4. Always carry your medicines authentic prescription with you with generic names of the drugs.
5. Always carry some dry fruits with you.
6. Always book a refundable air ticket even if they are 10% costlier.
7. Always carry a photocopy of passport and visa.
8. Always get travel insurance. Remember most standard policies won't cover you for 'Do not travel' destinations.
9. Understand that you could die. Make sure you have an up-to-date will, an enduring power of attorney. Designate appropriate insurance beneficiaries.
10. Never travel to countries with level 4 warnings ( do not travel) like for Wuhan in China.
11. For level 3 warning (like currently India for Singapore), travel only if must, minimise time spent in airports by scheduling direct flights if possible. Avoid stopovers in high-risk airports. Stay as short a time as possible. Eliminate unnecessary activities.
12. Leave an area at the first sign of unrest, or if you feel uneasy.
Post a Comment